Basic Computer Test
1. Inside the plastic casing of a floppy diskette is a _________ surface that stores information in a form the computer can understand.
2. The CPU is the _________.
Computer Programming Unit
Central Processing Unit
Commercial Priority Unit
Compact Utility Player
3. The “C” drive is the _________.
CD Rom drive
4. What does RAM stand for?
Raw Action Memory
Regular Alternative Memory
Random Access Memory
Recalled Applied Memory
5. In this address, “c:\mickey.mouse\friends\goofy.doc”, what is the file name?
6. What does the shortcut keys Control + S do?
7. The RAM memory is _________.
Short term memory
Long term memory
in Floppy disks
8. Software that directs all the activities and sets all the rules for how the hardware and software work together is called the _________.
9. Before you apply a formatting change to a document, you usually _________by highlighting a section.
10. The organization of files in a computer is similar to __________.
Short cut keys
a File Cabinet
11. A hyperlink is _________.
a part of a computer chain
the button that starts your computer
the button that resets your computer
a button that takes you to another site
12. The speed of a computer is measured in what?
13. The _________ is similar to the TV screen and is used to view information on the computer.
14. When you view an entire document, including the margins and page numbers, you are _________the document.
15. What do you do when
you want to change the name or location of a file?
Enter your Student ID number below and click Submit.